We have a COVID-19 Safety Plan
and are committed to keeping you safe on Sydney Harbour
We are still cruising!
Updated Monday, 21st December 2020
All ticketed cruises and private charters are still going ahead as scheduled. We are a proudly registered COVID-Safe business with an up-to-date COVID-Safe plan in action and we are following all Government directives to keep our passengers safe whilst on board.
If you are unable to attend your cruise due to Government restrictions on interstate travel, because you are located or have recently visited a known hotspot or have been in close contact with a confirmed case, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
As per our terms and conditions, payments are non-refundable and non-transferable. For any cancellations due to the above reasons, we will be offering a full credit.
Our events team and crew remain committed to staying updated on the latest events surrounding COVID-19 and are dedicated to your health and safety. Feel free to read on about some of the measures we are taking to keep our vesels COVID-Safe.
As we welcome you back on board, your health & safety remains our top priority. Based on the most recent government guidelines, we are implementing the following measures on all our cruises:
- Physical distancing: Our onboard capacity has been decreased in accordance with Government guidelines and to maximise the safety and comfort of our guests
- No dancing: We can't wait to get out there and have a boogie with you, but unfortunately, dance floors are currently closed and dancing is not permitted on board as per Government regulations
- No singing: Unfortunately, as per NSW Government restrictions, singing is currently not permitted on board. Please note that this may impact cruises with live music. Any live music acts will be limited to playing instrumentals only.
- Increased hygeine: All vessels are thoroughly cleaned and sanitised before, after and during your cruise. We have increased frequency of cleaning and sanitising of high-use surfaces. We have also implemented regular cleaning and sanitising of toilets throughout the duration of cruises. Our crew appreciate your patience as they momentarily close restrooms to clean and sanitise for your comfort and safety
- Safety wear: Food and beverage service staff wear protective gloves and face masks during service.
- Menu changes: Some menus and service styles may temporarily be unavailable or subject to change in order to limit the risk of infection
- Effective sanitisation: All cutlery, crockery and glassware aboard our vessels are washed at high temperatures, using commercial dishwashers and disinfecting agents
- Individual place settings: Cutlery and crockery is set per person and not shared
- Sanitising stations: Touch-free hand sanitising stations and sanitising wipes are available on all vessels
- Staff health checks: Vagabond Cruises staff are required to declare their health and travel status and are scanned by infrared thermometer prior to each shift
- Temperature checks: All passengers will have their temperature scanned by infrared thermometer upon boarding
- Passenger registry: When on board, please ensure that you check in using our digital registry
- Signage: Signage displaying social distancing, passenger traffic control measures and hygeine reminders have been placed aboard our vessels (see some examples below)
- Keeping informed: Vagabond Cruises remains committed to keeping up to date with the latest on COVID-19 and will continue to act in accordance with state and federal advice and directives
In addition to the above processes, we remind you to please practice good personal hygiene and healthy lifestyle habits. The World Health Organisation (WHO) recommends the following hygiene and other measures to reduce the general risk of infections:
- Wash hands: Frequently and thoroughly wash hands with soap for 20 seconds and use hand sanitiser
- Flex an elbow: Cough or sneeze into a flexed elbow or tissue - throw tissue away immediately and wash or sanitise hands
- Don't touch: Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- Stay safe: Avoid close contact with anyone who has cold and flu-like symptoms
- Keep a distance: Keep a recommended distance of 1 meter from others during social interactions
- Sick? Stay home: If you display any cold and flu-like symptoms, please stay home
If you have been overseas within the last 14 days or in close contact with any confirmed COVID-19 cases, you should be self-isolating and seeking medical assessment. This is a directive from the Australian Government.
Footer Cruises Slider
( Slide items are added/removed from site " Settings" footer tab.)